Family Keepers’ Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
“As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and
alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.’”Matthew 3:16-17
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood,
in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
“Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing,taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.” Philippians 2:6-7
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ is absolutely essential.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
“For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.” Ephesians 2:18
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
“I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--
the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.” John 17:11
7. We believe that human life is created by God in His image. Christians are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life.
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27
“For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139:13-14a
8. We believe that God created humans in His image, intentionally and immutably male and female, each bringing unique and complementary qualities
to sexuality and relationships. Sexuality is a glorious gift from God to be offered back to Him either in marriage for procreation, union, and mutual
delight or in celibacy for undivided devotion to Christ.
“Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what
God's will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:1-2
9. We believe that marriage is designed, instituted and intended by God to be a thriving, lifelong relationship between a man and a woman. Therefore,
Christians are called to defend and protect God's marriage design and to minister in Christ's name to those who suffer the consequences of its brokenness.
“Haven’t you read,’ He replied, ‘that at the beginning the Creator made them ‘male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother
and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate. ”
10. We believe that children are a heritage from God and a blessing from His hand. Parents are therefore accountable to Him for raising, shaping and
preparing them for a life of service to His Kingdom and to humanity.
“Has not the Lord made them [a husband and wife] one? In flesh and spirit they are His. And why one? Because He was seeking godly offspring.” Malachi 2:15
11. We believe that God has ordained the social institutions of family, church, and government for the benefit of mankind and as a reflection of His divine nature.
Therefore, Christians are called to support these institutions, according to God's design and purpose, and to protect them against destructive social influences.
“For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.”Genesis 2:24
“And God placed all things under His feet and appointed Him to be head over everything for the church, which is His body.” Ephesians 1:22-23a
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.
The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
12. We believe that the ultimate purpose of life is to know and glorify God and to attain eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, beginning within our own
families and then reaching out to a suffering humanity that needs to embrace His love and sacrifice.
“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.’” Mark 16:15